Saturday, February 21, 2009

Update on Tricia and another scrapbook page

Well, I want to thank all of my family and friends for their thoughts, calls and prayers! I have felt very loved and cared for.

The surgery went well. I was pretty out of it for a few days because of the meds, but am using Advil now; I like being able to have a coherent conversation! I am healing nicely, but have had an extreme case of cabin fever. I definitely appreciate all the little things, like being able to drive oneself around to run simple errands.

The cyst turned out to be about eight inches in length, and was really a tumor, with three cysts forming it. The surgeon had to drain the tumor before she could remove it. As per my permission beforehand, she also removed my uterus in addition to the ovary covered by the tumor. It's a good thing I was planning on that, because she said the tumor was so pervasive, the uterus would have had to be taken out anyway. Everything was all jumbled together with adhesions.

Anyway, enough of that. Poor Hannah has had a cough and fever the last few days. So John had to deal with two sick girls the last few days. At least she's been in good spirits. But of course, you can't just have one major event in one week--it makes sense to have two or three, doesn't it? :)

All for now,
Tricia

This digital collage was created using a free digital scrapbooking kit by Carrie at http://www.fishscraps.com/ and www.shabbyprincess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment