Sunday, February 1, 2009

John and Tricia--date weekend

I have treasured this weekend, as it is the first time in six months that John and I have had some true couple time. Seriously, the last time was Jan. 31/Aug. 1, on our 10th wedding anniversary. Some dear friends took Hannah for the weekend (she's with her BFF), and all I could say was hallelujah!I say thank you, thank you and I'll say it again: Thank you!

On Sabbath (yesterday) John and I went to the Japanese Gardens, which is part of the Botanic Gardens of Fort Worth. We were only there for less than an hour before they closed, but it was still awesome; there were no crowds and it was 60 degrees outside! Perfect! We took some nice pix and then stayed out for the rest of the evening, partied hard at Barnes & Noble (ha!), and were back at home by 11 p.m. Alas, the old-timers were "done in!" :)

Then today, I thought, "Let's really live it up," so we went someplace with culture. With fine dining. With multi-cultural activities. With a wide variety of merchandise. A place I'd heard was special and "like no other..."

Yes, folks, we visited the Trader's Village Flea Market in Grand Prairie. I experienced sights, sounds, and (heaven help me) smells I've not smelled before (or in a long time). Traffic was clogged, the air was polluted, and we PAID money (only $3) for the gatekeeper to let us in. Not one of my brighter moments, alas I was desperate for "a fun time."

On a happy note: John bought me an early Valentine's day gift: Vera Wang's Princess, sold in a department store near you (but without the insult to the olfactories), yet we bought it for a SONG! And for some reason, after we bought it, I announced firmly "I'm ready to leave." After just 58 minutes, I'd had enough "culture." So there you have it. What John and Tricia do on a date: thrilling, exciting, and envy-producing moments for any and all.

All for now, Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment