Friday, February 13, 2009

A special Valentine


I know I'm posting a lot today, but I have a lot to say. It was a very full week, of blessings and opportunities. Here they are in a nutshell:

We have been trying to figure out how to come up with our part of the $$$ for my upcoming surgery (February 16). We have tried to build up our emergency reserve, but there simply was not enough in it to pay the hospital AND the doctor up front, even with good medical insurance.

John and I have been trusting that God would provide the money, somehow, someway. We knew that we had some money that should be coming in eventually, from a specific source, but the probability of it arriving in time was zilch.

Enter God, and the way He works. We have been committed to not using credit cards after attending a financial seminar last August-November. And we have kept that commitment. But we thought we would have to give in this time. However, I kept telling God that I knew that was not His plan for us, to slide back down that road.

Turns out I was right.

John called my cell last evening while I was out and about. "Guess what we got in the mail?" I knew immediately! You don't understand how amazing this is! We had literally filled out the paperwork to cancel an (unnecessary) insurance policy only a week or two ago. And we all know how much insurance companies love to part with their money, right? ha! And the money arrived on the last day possible before our hospital pre-registration today. So neat.

One last cool note: I have been praying for God's help in a matter, but didn't know if it was really that urgent and felt a little silly praying for it, but did just the same. We have been impressed that having ID theft protection would be a good idea, but were unsure how to proceed, or how to afford one more thing.

Yesterday we got a notice in the mail that said that someone (long story)will be providing that service for us for FREE. No it's not a scam, this is someone we know personally. I had wondered if I should even pray for that, for His guidance, and then POW! Right in the spiritual kisser. God knocks one out of the park. Wait, I'm mixing my athletic metaphors, but you get the point!

I created a very simple Valentine for God and am posting it. If you look closely, you can see a church inside the Valentine heart. This symbolizes my public and private worship. Why not give Him my heart? And continue memorizing Scripture to know Him more.

May He bless you today and always,
Always,
a REAL peaceseeker

No comments:

Post a Comment