Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tricia's ultrasound

Just wanted to give an update: Today was kinda rough. I had to go have an ultrasound again to re-check the size of the cyst--and since I have a yeast infection (from all the round of antibiotics), it was kind of painful. Mostly, I just got emotional and started crying, both from the pain and just the reality setting in. I asked the technician if the cyst still looked big and she said yes. So...I will go in next Tuesday to find out the blood test and ultrasound results and go from there.

I came home and just slept for several hours. I've been fine (or in denial) emotionally, but like I said, it all kind of hit me today.

John and Hannah are out and about, at the library and running errands, etc., because I asked him for some extra quiet time this evening, to just read, chill, play on computer, write letters. I've been enjoying scanning in some old ancestral photos some relatives sent me and creating digital scrapbook pages with them, so that has kept me busy. Plus half-listening to American Idol wannabes belt out some songs with some good and not-so-good sets of pipes! ha!

All for now--Tricia

2 comments:

  1. Tricia, thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. How wonderful to 'meet' you. I'm so sorry about what you are going through. I had a horrible cyst a few years ago. It was so big and painful that I could only sit on one butt cheek and had to lean way to one side! My doctor put me on some kind of birth control that took care of the cyst in one week. It was like a miracle after all that pain. Maybe you could talk to you doctor about that.
    Good luck. Hang in there. Those nasty things can't last forever.
    Cheers,
    Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Krissy! I stumbled upon your site the last couple of days and was kind of glued to it, getting nothing of importance done and enjoying every minute of it! ha!

    Although, I must say, I'm a bit surprised that you read my personal/friends and family blog and not my art blog. I think it's sweet of you to encourage me in what I last posted, anyway. I do have a surgery planned--they need to take my ovary completely out, it's not even functioning because of the huge mass, which is, so far, benign.

    At any rate, be sure to check out my art blog, too, probably more visually stimulating than this other one, where I talk about my family and our daily lives. My art blog is:

    Turtleonalog.blogspot.com. It's not nearly as involved and/or fancy as some of the blogs I'm enraptured with, but I do like to share some of my own creations with whomever is willing to see!

    Guess I better go. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I *have* been trying to get other women to share some of their experiences with me. So this was a little bonus! Oh, and I don't write as much as other women do, in their art blogs, but I did post a funny little note called 10 reasons I know I love ARt, or something like that. You might enjoy reading that and can relate a little. It just barely scratches the surface of how I feel about creating.

    Goodness, didn't mean to write a book. :)

    Thanks!
    Tricia Williams

    ReplyDelete