Friday, January 2, 2009

Quite the New Year's for the Williams family!

Well, this has been quite the week. I thought we'd have a nice second week of vacation, but it was not meant to be:

I went to a girlfriend's house to spend the night and day with her for some crafts, fun and girlfriend chatting. She made a wonderful meal for us that evening (Sunday) and about an hour later I began to feel sick. Well, it got worse and worse, but I still tried to sleep. But I kept having to go to the bathroom. I couldn't imagine going to the ER, but that's what happened!

She drove me there and we spent all night and then all Monday as well, with the doctors running all sorts of tests. They were concerned with my spiking fever, projectile (sorry) vomiting (12 times), chills, and extremely high white blood cell count. Well, so was I!

They found inflamed lymph nodes and an ovarian cyst, not yet ruptured, on the ultrasound. Hard to believe something like that could cause so much trouble. I follow up with my doctor so he can see if the antibiotics eliminated it or what else we should do, this Monday.

So I've been doped up to the max for several days now, not able to drive or anything. With Hannah still home. Lots of togetherness. Going stark raving mad! :) School. Can't. Come. Fast. Enough.

The same day I got home from the hospital, we found out that Hannah's Sabbath school teacher, the main reason we kept going back to the Burleson SDA church at first, was killed in a drunk driving crash that day. We were devastated! We have still not told Hannah about it because John then got sick and had to go to the clinic today and make sure his lungs were clear, because we were concerned about his horrible coughing.

I want to thank God for helping us with little things, like the fact that even though there were about 30 people at the ER ahead of me, they took me second (they said that even with my stoicism, they could tell I was about to pass out from the pain!); very kind nurses and doctors; so many prescriptions not costing too much $$; someone saying they will watch Hannah this weekend. We will rest, but we will also have time to sit down to figure out how in the world to handle our ever-dwindling budget; $$ coming from family and friends just at the right time, to help with food, tuition, etc.; God helping to me to find secondhand clothes for just a few dollars, things Hannah or we need. I mean, I found two belts for $1.01!; or God sending work just at the time I need it to make money for the family. We praise Him for His wonderful ways, even if we don't understand them.

TW

No comments:

Post a Comment