Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random pix and random thoughts


Things I learned, or realized anew, today:

To listen to my instincts, even when others are telling me their way is the only way. I must listen to my heart. Cliche, but true.

***

How much fun it is to talk to my child on the phone. It's different than talking in person. Not a lot. But I sometimes I can better tell how much she's maturing when we talk on the phone. I listen more closely to what she's saying, and how she's saying it.

***

That even when I don't get a good night's sleep, sometimes I have a better day if I put on some pretty clothes and go out on the town, than if I stay in shorts and a t-shirt and stay home.

***

That I can talk to my best girlfriend on the phone for one hour and it feels like it's only 5 minutes. Never having been a phone person, that's pretty cool and a tribute to our friendship.

***

That I can enjoy other people's talents showcased on their blogs without feeling that I am "less than" simply because I can't draw, sew, play the guitar, etc... There's always going to be someone out there more talented, more creative, more something than me: and at 35, that's finally OK with me.

***

That every day my husband is out of town on business (a rare occurrence), I can sing a version of the song, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco," until he comes home again.

1 comment:

  1. Gracias por compartir este blog llenode creatividad ,amor y cariño..Besos desde España.Victoria

    ReplyDelete