Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Getting a routine...

Just a quick note to say I'm feeling much better. I won't write much, as I am on our old computer, and the keys "stick" sometimes, so it can look like I don't speel worth a hoot. (Yes, I misspelled that on purpose for fun...) lol

Spending lots of quality time with Hannah (and fourth grade homework) these days. Fun, fun! I often sit down with her, especially with math, and go v-e-r-y slowly, if need be. I often felt like I could do harder math problems if I could only go at my own pace. So I'm trying to help Hannah girl as much as possible.

She's so funny when she does homework: she has to talk through just about every single homework problem she comes home with. Not only does she talk all day long, about everything and anything, but if she's not talking, she hums, sings, makes funny noises with her mouth (some quite annoying). I've told her to go ahead and make the noises if it helps her to think, but she can't tell personal stories while she's working on the schoolwork.

I mean, that child can STALL for time like no other, and one way she does this is if her schoolwork mentions a bear, or a car, or a village, or Africa, she has something to say or ask on every subject! Someday this will take her far, I imagine! ha! I can see her in a career where she gets PAID to talk. But for today, I say to myself, just get your homework done, Baby! And now, she even catches herself when starting to launch into some great tale; she takes a deep breath, giggles and says, "Ooh, almost told a personal story there! But I caught myself!"

I think most of the illness has passed at school and things have settled down into a routine. Then again, I probably shouldn't type that. Seems like life can sure throw you a curveball when you think you've got a good rhythm going, right? ha!


I don't have many pix on this computer, so I can't post a pic today. I'll try to make it up and post two another day, how about that!

Okay, well, I'll leave you with this quote, from the Barbara Walters' book, Audition, which I'm currently reading (the book's actually pretty good, but I read the Tim Russert book before that, and it was amazing):

When asked if she ever felt anger or bitterness toward her husband's (President Johnson) detractors, Lady Bird Johnson replied in this interview with Barbara W., "I am too close to the great departure from life to harbor anger."

That quote just stuck with me, and thought I'd share.

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment