Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mary, Did You Know?


I forgot to mention in my last post that Hannah and I had a nice time taking some photos of her dressed up as Mary, holding Baby Jesus. Hannah knew what she wanted the shots to look like and it was fun seeing her be so creative. One of her favorite games ever is Bible Charades. We were playing on a Friday night and decided I should take some pix of her looking so authentic. I think they turned out very sweet.

I also wanted to boast a little bit that my (shy) daughter has been singing for performance chapel at school. The first song she sang was called The Hammer, by Ray Boltz. The most recent one she sang was Mary, Did you Know? by Mark Lowry. I think it's so great she's coming out of her shell enough to enjoy something like singing for people. I hadn't even had the pleasure of hearing her perform until she sang for mom, dad, John and me on Christmas day (with the stipulation that we don't look at her while she sang! ha!) Then after she said that, she said, "well, go ahead. I have 75 pairs of eyes on me during performance chapel... a few pairs of eyes right now shouldn't bother me!" ha! I don't think I'm just biased when I say that she has a lovely voice. Sweet. Pure.

This picture is of her playing "Queen Esther," from the Bible. I think it's so cool that she's growing up to love the Lord, to love His Word. And I love seeing her passionate about music--and hey, it's in her blood. Her two grandmothers are wonderful musicians, who both love to sing and play the piano. I am thankful for the song in her heart. Ever since she was little, she has sung most all day long.

All for now (or until I think of something else to add!) ha!,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment