Friday, December 2, 2011

Bluebird of happiness

I thought I'd share this little bluebird I painted. I found the image in a Birds & Bloom magazine and did NOT trace, people. So proud! :) ha! Now, he has his faults, he's not perfect, but I like him anyway. I know my dad will like him, Mr. Birdlover! I worked some pen & ink into his feathers as well, and even some special pigment powder into the blue to make it pop.

John and I had a funny conversation about him. I told him I thought the bird's beak looked like the carrot on a snowman. John said, "Well, now that's all I'm gonna think when I look at him!" ha!

I haven't been posting much lately, mostly because I'm in the "taking classes" and learning mode, which has been great. And I'll try to post more about our family soon. We had a good Thanksgiving. I was sick, unfortunately, but still felt like we had a nice time since John wasn't having to work so much and Hannah was out of school. Good family time!

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment