Monday, December 21, 2009

New member of the family

I have a new appendage. My belly has declared its freedom. It is now, as the Brits say, “on holiday.” It has its own Independence Day. For 35 years, I have had the usual amount of limbs and have carried on quite successfully. Those days are passed. Pfffftt! Gone!

Now, I’ve never been the proud possessor of a six-pack. Never wanted it badly enough. Even in my trimmest days, my abs were, at best, a four- or five-pack. Alas, the stomach muscles have now congealed into one great lump and, as previously mentioned, are one entity. Think the UNIBROW, only the stomach version. The uni-ab. Any exercises I have done for the past few months or, years, have amounted to simply consolidating all that flab.

But the other night, while helping my fourth grader with her homework, I decided she was in dire need of a break. “Let’s get those wiggles out,” I exclaimed. We stretched and loosened, wiggled and giggled. I really got into it, man! Feeling great, I shouted, “Jumping jacks!” I bounced. My stomach bounced, about half a beat slower than the rest of me. And when I stopped, various parts of me kept moving. Whoa! “Stop, stop!” I cried to that rebellious flopping appendage.

Like the political candidate, Sarah Palin, my belly that has Gone Rogue.

1 comment:

  1. lol

    over the last couple of months I have lost some weight. I checked weight at a 7-11 about three months ago and weighed in at 140 kgs, or about 309 lbs. this past week I got on scales again and weighed in at 136 kgs, which is about 299 lbs. by the end of the year, I want to be 290 lbs, and just try to lose ten to fifteen pounds a month. if you visit my blog, you will find videos of Joe Lewis and Bill "Superfoot" Wallace at an exhibition match. They were both in their mid-40s when the match took place. I want to be in that kind of shape by the end of 2010, if possible.

    ReplyDelete