Thursday, December 17, 2009

December Doings...



We enjoyed the Christmas program at Hannah's school a week-and-a-half ago, and these are pictures of me fixing her hair for the evening. The children wore their Burton shirts and pants for the performance, which made it less formal. Sometimes I miss more formal performances, with dresses and such, but I don't miss having one more thing (a choir outfit) to have to buy for it! She was excited for me to fix her hair--I placed two small ponytails on either side of her head.

It is absolutely the BEST watching Hannah sing, especially for a school program. She puts her all into each song, making sure to do each hand movement or bow or facial expression just right. Her eyes never leave the music teacher's form--she's very earnest about it all! She's just cute as a bug, if I do say so myself! ha!

Tonight we spent some time cleaning up her room, going through toys to see which ones she might give away (to make room for new Christmas gifts). At first she didn't want to do it, but didn't put up much of an argument (she knows that wouldn't help anyway). Besides, if I'm in the mood at ALL for that sort of thing, I kind of have to go with it and do it right then when the moment strikes--which doesn't happen very often! We made some good progress and I now have a bunch of items I can donate to Arlington mission after-school program, where I volunteer on Thursday afternoons.

I felt a little nostalgic regarding some of the items Hannah was willing to donate: she doesn't play with her baby dolls anymore, nor some of her princess toys, some of which we bought years ago. I keep a few items for sentimental reasons, but I know there are children out there who could be playing with this stuff now! Still, looking at these baby dolls... (sigh) I can't believe she's getting so big (sniff sniff). She still loves her stuffed animals and any dog-related toys, at least.

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment