Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rockwall visit

Well, I was going to tell a little about our couple getaway two weeks ago...

We dropped Hannah off at her friend's house and then headed on out for Rockwall, TX, east of Dallas. It's funny, because when we moved away in 2001, I had noticed the harbor and lake and thought "Oh, no, I never got to visit that place!" And then when we moved back in 2007, I thought, "Well, now's my chance, I've got to visit that place!"

I mean, even from the road, it looks so pretty and is considered to have a Mediterranean island/sea look. Absolutely beautiful. Of course, I'm partial to water/lake landscapes anyway.

So we got there on a Sunday and that evening, of course, I had arranged for us to sail on a sailboat called the Seawolf, built out of spanish cedar by the captain himself! The catamaran is only two years old, so it was in great condition.

We enjoyed our sunset tour tremendously, and most fun, they let me steer the boat, going all over Lake Ray Hubbard! What fun! When we first set out, the captains wife (and First Mate) whispered to me, "this song is for you." It was the theme from the Love Boat! ha! There were only a few of us on the cruise, so the capain walked around and took pictures and just joked around with all of us, but also was good about giving us some space and privacy to enjoy the cruise. If you are in the area and want to check it out, here's the link: http://sailwithscott.com

As you can tell from a previous post, we got some great pix, as well. Then Monday we shopped a little in Rockwall, and then headed over to Dallas and shopped in Old Town. What fun!

Anyway, just wanted to share a little of our fun.

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment