Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hannah had a very happy birthday. She is 10 years old now. Whew! She is getting so grown up.
~~~

A few weeks ago she told me this while we were out for a walk (and a skip): "Mommy, it's a good thing YOU are my mommy, and not someone else!"
"Why's that?" I asked.
"Because I wouldn't have the spirit I have if you weren't my mommy."

Awwww...
~~~
Last Friday Hannah gave a verbal book report/speech on Florence Nightingale. John went to watch her and he said she did really well. She dressed up the part to look like Florence. After the speech, the kids asked some questions like "why did you choose this person to write/talk about?"

John said she gave the absolute most amazing, articulate answer. She said, "Well, I chose Florence Nightingale because she helped lots of people get better and showed kindness to all the people. That's how I want to be when I get older. I want to help other people. I have an aunt (Pam) who is a physician's assistant. So it's in my family to want to help others. I believe this is want God wants me to do--it's very important."

Her quote pretty much says it all. I thank God for my compassion-oriented 10-year-old child. She is ever our delight.
~~~

Thank you to friends and family for the birthday wishes and gifts via cards for our girlie. We truly appreciate them.

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment