Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ways that Hannah builds up her mother's self-esteem

Snippets of conversation recently heard around the Williams' household:

Hannah, while running her hands through my hair while we cuddle on the floor together, said, "Ahh, my poor little mommy is getting white hair!"

Later, while lovingly stroking my cheek, she added, "Mommy, did you know you have a little mustache? Just like Ricky did on I Love Lucy--but Lucy didn't like it!"

Later that same evening, Hannah covered her nose with her hands, and make honking sounds. "Mommy, I'm being you!"
"How so?" I asked, not particularly looking forward to her answer.
"I'm making the noise you make when you blow your noise--it's the same noise an elephant makes! Isn't that neat? You could talk to elephants!"

Yes, isn't that neat... So special. So... elephant-y! That's me. A white-haired elephant sporting a mustache that calls my friends frequently.

I love being a mother! H-O-N-K!

No comments:

Post a Comment