Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stitched card and swimming

Here's a card I stitched for a friend, to thank her for her hospitality and all the good food she provided.

I took Hannah swimming today and we had a great time--we swam for over two hours! Great exercise, that's for sure. Hannah's not gotten to swim as much because John usually takes her and with his kidney stone, he just doesn't feel up to it, of course!

It was nice to get to know a couple of our neighbors better while swimming in the pool. In an apartment complex, there's so much "turnover" of tenants, it's hard to get very well acquainted with any of them, or meet many who even care to get acquainted. So that was nice.

I've been reading a mystery series that is really good--the author's name is Aaron Elkins. His character is called Gideon Oliver and is called the Skeleton Detective. I like the books because they're not too scary, not bad language, well written and I love how the detective solves the whodunit by simply looking at the bones and using his knowledge as a forensic paleontologist. I don't like it that the books are all filled with evolutionary stuff (Cro-Magnon, Neanderthal Age, etc.), because I am a creationist all the way. But they are still very well written and a lot of fun; the author obviously has a great sense of humor, too!

Anyway, all for now!

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment