Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hannah conversations

Here's a funny thing Hannah said:

I don't remember the context, but we were talking about something that was "a big deal" of some sort.

Hannah said, "Wow! That was a WOOZY!"

I chuckled to myself. Clearing my throat, I said, "Uh, do you mean that was a DOOZY!"?

Hannah, waving her hand about in the air, nonchalantly replied, "Oh yeah, well, I knew it was one of those things!"

* * *

Hannah and I had quite a whirlwind late afternoon today. About 4:00 this afternoon, I sat down on the couch and sighed dramatically and said, "Boy, I wish I knew a little girl who'd like to go to the mall with me!"

Hannah, who'd been crawling around on the floor under her "tent" of blanket and chairs said, "Well, now, what makes you even THINK I'd say no!"

About that time I felt like my eye was getting an eye infection, which is so tough and it takes twice as long to get things done of the stins. So I called my eye doctor and they fit me in late in the day (Thank you, Dr. Crosier), and I got some eye medication Rx.

Naturally, the pharmacy had a two-hour wait, so Hannah and I ate some dinner out and then went to Barnes and Noble to spend her little gift certificate she'd gotten for Christmas. She found (surprise, surprise) a little raccoon that was so cute, she just fell in love. I joked that she could open her own Noah's Ark, she has so many stuffed animals. But I will say, she plays very diligently with them all and loves them all equally!

We then spent a great deal of time walking back through the mall and to the car, trying to think of the perfect name for Miss Raccoon. Well, Hannah tried several on for size and of course, needed my opinion about each and every possible name (or an approving grunt now and then, especially while I drove through the rainy streets to the pharmacy). In the words of Marilla Cuthbert in Anne of Green Gables, "That girl could talk the hind leg off a horse!"

Sometimes when John and I drift off to sleep, I can still hear our girlie (who often outlasts us when it comes to bedtimes), talking among her beloved toys. And it's never in her own voice, it's always the voice of a little critter or her Prince Charming, or Genevieve of 12 Dancing Princesses... To which I say, "Imagination, take flight! Be a child as long as possible, dear little one!"

All for now, Tricia
or
Mama Bear




1 comment: