Sunday, September 21, 2008

Update on Tricia and family

Here's a picture of our whole family taken when Pam (my sis) visited.

Wow, has it really been so long since I've posted on my blog? I'll get right to it:

For those of you who have asked if we were hit by the hurricane recently here in DFW, the answer is no, we're fine. I mean, sure, we received our share of rain, rain, and more rain, but we were unscathed compared to our sister city, Houston, as well as Galveston.

We were married in a small town near Houston and honeymooned there as well. Mom and Dad used to live in Houston and we would visit them often, as well as Galveston. So we watched the newscasts--with horror--feature all the places we used to visit. There was an especially pretty neighborhood where the houses were on "stilts," and John told me they are ALL gone! Just wiped out completely!

On a different note: a week ago Friday I had an appointment with Evelyn Miller, executive vice president of the Dallas Morning News. She and I had a "coffee meet," which is to say it was a less formal appointment, in the heart of downtown. It was very exciting, to say the least. I had written an article about her for a Dallas magazine this past summer; she liked my writing, and we agreed to meet up to discuss possible freelance writing opportunities for the newspaper.

Anyway, we talked for nearly two hours! I was glad I had taken some time to write up some potential freelance article ideas for us to look over while we talked. In short, she agreed to recommend me to two or three editorial directors of various departments at the paper, for which I'm very grateful.

Now, it wouldn't be a normal post if I didn't include some Hannah updates. She has such a wonderful sense of humor and likes to tell jokes. Here are some she thought of, all on her own (or at least I've never heard them) when we were telling jokes to each other. I'll even throw in one I made up!:

Hannah's jokes:

Q: What did the human say after he crossed the road?
A: "Have you seen a chicken?"

Q: What did the human say after he crossed the road?
A: "May I have a chicken nugget please?"

Q: What did the mommy say after she crossed the road?
A: "Hey wait up, my child, I'm not as young as I used to be!"

My joke:

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: To be with the handsome rooster!

Guess that's it for now. Oh! I thought of one more thing: We were getting ready to go to church and when we got out to our car, we realized the tire AND rim had been stolen! We were pretty discouraged, at first, but were encouraged to discover our insurance covers theft 100%. Thank God!

All for now,

TW

No comments:

Post a Comment