Saturday, June 21, 2008

Turtle on a Log

I picked the name Turtle on a Log for my art blog because one of my most favorite things to see is turtles basking in the sun, all in a line, sitting on a log. In addition, one of my favorite animals is a turtle; I had several turtles as pets when I was a child. There was Herkymer, Squirt, the red-eared turtle, Mindy and Cindy, the twins.

I sometimes identify myself as a turtle with my personality--slow, methodical, likes to bask in the sun, enjoys the company of others, but needs a lot of solitude and more.

In this blog, I will showcase my handmade cards, photography, and perhaps even some poetry or other short pieces of writing.

Friday was my birthday, so I will post a photo of the rose my daughter (thank you, girlie) bought me, a yellow rose of Texas. Quite appropriate for us Texans!

TW

No comments:

Post a Comment