Saturday, December 15, 2007

Last Saturday night was a wild night for the Williams family—Hannah’s Christmas school program! Ha! We painted the town red (and green) that night, that’s for sure.

Each class (collectively) played an instrument; Hannah’s second grade class played the xylophone. They played very well, if I do say so myself! Other classes played handbells or chimes or recorders. I still didn’t get to meet Hannah’s music teacher, but I look forward to meeting her sometime soon.

The children also sang songs and they were very pretty. I was so proud of our girlie. It was fun to be a part of the whole gang of parents watching their kiddos show off their talents. Hannah kept asking me, “Were you guys proud of me? Did I do good?” We assured her she did well and she would just give us that big beaming smile.

We drove around after the program and looked at lovely Christmas lights on homes in the surrounding neighborhood. What a blast! A police officer told us about a really nice area. And sure enough, it was absolutely breathtaking, the whole block and a half, practically, was lighted up more than Times Square. I felt like I was in a fairy tale, a wonderland. Hannah said twice, “Boy, that policeman sure was right! He knew these lights were pretty! He sure was right!”

No comments:

Post a Comment