Friday, December 21, 2007

Japanese Gardens


Several weeks ago John, Hannah and I visited the Japanese Gardens in Fort Worth. We visited at the same time they were having a Japanese Gardens festival. Anyway, it was really lovely, even in October. I hadn't been to the Gardens since maybe before John and I were married.

Festival activities included watching a real Japanese tea ceremony, refreshments and drinks, swarms of people walking around (of course!), seeing a genuine Japanese dance (I forget the technical name), and if you wanted, having your caricature drawn by an artist, for a modest sum. Well, guess what was the coolest thing???

The caricature artist was none other than the one who drew John's and my pictures on our HONEYMOON almost 10 years ago! Can you believe it? How cool is that? I mean, we were married in Houston, and he drew our pictures there on The Strand, a famous area in Galveston, where we spent a lot of our honeymoon time.

So anyway, that was a fun, memorable day. We even took a picture with the artist and Hannah and me. I'll post some pix of that day.

TW


No comments:

Post a Comment