Thursday, October 6, 2011

Family Faith and Fun


Hannah has no idea what is about to come her way--sheer driving madness! [insert evil laugh here!]


Hannah and Mommy "on top of Mountasia's mountain." Um, about 15 feet high or so. Only in TX do they call that a mountain! ha! BTW, see how tall Hannah is??!!
Grandfather Schnell, Hannah and Tricia on Lake Whitney outing

Hummingbird "imposter"

Well, goodness, I haven't posted in a while. Just thought I'd share a few pix along with what's been going on with us.

A few weeks ago, John, Hannah and I went to Mountasia, a putt-putt/go-kart place just north of us. We had such a fun time! I drove the go-kart with Hannah as my sidekick. What fun! She kept telling me I needed to slow down! ha! I think she mumbled something about "getting back at me when she turns 16!" Or something like that.

John won the 18-hole putt putt round. But just by one point. Hannah and I tied, just behind him. But for a while, Hannah was ahead of us all.

Then a week or so after that, mid-September, J, H, and I picked up Grandfather and stole away to a very low Lake Whitney. It was so low, it was kinda sad. Realized just how much we need rain this year. It's been crazy! We saw some lovely deer, even a buck, maybe half grown, according to how big his horns were.

Then toward the end of the day, we stopped off at at a different section of beach. We found a hummingbird and I took like 20 photos of it!! But alas, it was not a hummingbird, even though it hovered and "hummed" like one. It was an imposter, some moth that looks and acts like one. But still it was pretty and a nice way to end the day.

John's working like crazy with his four jobs. I pick up freelance work whenever possible, writing and editing both. But I mostly hold down the fort, help Hannah with her increasingly difficult homework. (I'm often having to ask myself if I'm smarter than a 6th grader. You don't want to know the answer to that! ha!)

I did start taking watercolor classes at Hobby Lobby and am having a blast. It's just a few dollars a week, I can't believe how cheap it is. And it gives me something to look forward to, something that my psyche has always needed, since I was very small, but just haven't been able to swing as an adult. It means so much to me to learn something I'm very interested in. That's partly why I haven't been posting too many creations lately because I'm busily learning to draw and paint better. It's a slow process, mostly because I'm such a perfectionist. But I'm having fun with it and it's actually an answer to prayer to have something that's "just for me."

Guess that's all for now.
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment