Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April doings

Photo: My man, hard at work... in his bathrobe! Photography by: Hannah Williams


Well, I thought I'd write a little update on how we've been doing. It's been awhile since I posted. I thought I'd post in a sort of bad news/good news format!

Bad news: Last week Hannah was sick and missed a day of school.
Good news: She was only sick for part of Tuesday and all of Wednesday, and was raring to go Thursday.

Bad news: John was sick last week too.
Good news: With lots of TLC, he didn't miss *any* work (of course, I'd have to tie that man to our bed even if he coughed up a lung--he's pretty dedicated to his commitments!)

Bad news: The "malfunction indicator light" started coming back on and we had to take our car into the shop on Friday and not have any transportation over the weekend. Totally stuck!
Good news: Our car didn't act crazy until AFTER payday! And even then, the bill wasn't as high as it could have been. Also, neither John nor I were far away from home when it happened.

Bad news: John had decided he didn't want to "bother" anyone to take him and Hannah to school on Monday, so he said they'd just walk the 5 miles. He ended up walking in the lightning, hail and heavy rain with only a rain slicker for protection. (And caught a ride back home to pick up Hannah.) I couldn't decided whether to wop him on the side of the head (frustration) or hug him (in admiration for his dedication). He has what you'd call "dogged determination!" I like to think if this was a western, he'd be saddling up and heading up the posse to round up the bad guys (yes, I've been watching Big Valley on Hulu.com again, folks!) ha!

Bad news: We still don't have a clear plan for what John will be doing about employment for the summer and next fall
Good news: God will take care of us as He always has. He keeps helping money and jobs to come into our lives at just the right time.

Bad news: I feel so cut off from my friends and terribly lonely, since I'm unable to attend my Bible study or other things since John needs the car more often.
Good news: He has sent friends to me in the past and I know He will continue to give me a good friend-filled future!

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment