Thursday, February 10, 2011

Birthday girl

Happy birthday, precious girl! I can't believe you are now 11 years old! Whew, where does the time go?

This week, for a variety of reasons, as been a bit stressful (could it have something to do with another snow day, anyone??!). But I am hoping it will all settle down and that we can get back into a semblance of a routine after the past two weeks. I mean come on: five snow days in two weeks--in TEXAS?? who'd a thunk it?

We invited one of Hannah's friends to sleep over Tuesday night. Having heard the weather report, I told her mom that maybe she should pack extra clothes. Good thing, I did! But they had a good time, I must say. They built tents, played Uno, played Barbies and Build-a-Bear, sang Christmas songs so loud I had to put earphones on, roasted marshmallows, and generally talked and giggled their lives away for two whole days! Come to think of it, not a bad way to spend a snow day, is it?

Hannah and her friend told everyone about the prank I pulled on them last night. Now, I am not a big prankster usually. I don't like them pulled on me often. In the past, my depression made me just take everything so to heart that it was hard to laugh at all, at myself, or the situation. I think I'm doing a little better.

Anyway, I couldn't resist: They decided to camp out on the floor so they would have more room. They were being silly and pulled their blankets over their heads. I leaned over and opened the door for a couple of seconds and then closed it, as if I'd left. Then I leaned in real close next to their heads and when they cautiously peeked out from under the blanket, I said, "Boo!" Shrieks and screams and laughter filled the room for the next two minutes. And here I was supposed to be settling them down! ha!

Hannah got phone calls from family--Aunt Pam called and Hannah was so excited to visit with her. And then we were surprised when later we realized we'd missed both sets of grandparents' phone calls! We were carrying on in Hannah's bedroom a little too much--we were a wild bunch, I tell ya! ha!

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment