Monday, April 6, 2009

This little piggy came home


















I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family, Jackie Fred Williams, our guinea pig. Hannah named him Jackie because the tan color on his back is the same color as her winter jacket; and Fred is from the I Love Lucy show, because he is short and dumpy (no disrespect intended to the actor OR the piggy...)

Jackie is becoming more and more comfortable with his pet parents. Hannah is excited to have a pet again. She loves to play with him. We were very surprised to find that guinea pigs really do making "squeaking," and "squealing" noises. And he loves to cuddle with us as well, he lets us hold him and brush him for quite a while before he gets squirmy. :)

So far we know he likes strawberries, carrots, red cabbage, lettuce and apples. And he's crazy about his hay! :)

We realized how much Hannah is truly growing up when she took care of all the, um, unpleasant duties of caring for an animal, without being asked. I told her how proud I was of her, and she looked at me and said, "Well, he's my responsibility now, I need to do things like that!" Yay for nine-year-olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment