Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just catching my breath

Well, we've been trying to catch up since John and Hannah returned from California.They had a wonderful visit, getting to spend time with Grandma Williams. Hannah and Grandma went shopping, baked cookies, put puzzles together, went sightseeing around Lake Oroville near Paradise where Grandma lives. So I was so happy for them to have such quality time together.

While they were gone, I outdid myself in the social area--I got together with girlfriends until I exhausted myself. Monday night I went to a women's ministries social and actually had a blast. (I'm not usually a crowd person.) Wednesday night I went out with my friend Lyneita, went to craft stores and ate at Olive Garden. Friday night I attended a get-together at my friend Jessica's house. She's a friend from college, one I always wanted to get to know better, but never seemed to have the time. Now I do! I got to meet some new girlfriends there, and that was fun, too!

Last week it seemed like it took a long time for us to get back into our routine. Homework, housework, all of the mundane things--so hard to get into the swing of things.

I was contacted a few days ago by a woman who needed my editing services for her business, so that's taken up a good amount of time. I must admit, though, I'm having a blast with it. I'd pretty much completed any and all projects for the book publisher by last fall. Because they will be going a different direction, or at least not producing any new texts, I have probably edited my last project for them. I'm a little wistful about that, because I worked for Concerned Communications for 10 years and really enjoyed it. All the people there were terrific; what a great experience!

My sister is getting so close to finishing her physician's assistant schooling. By August, she will be a bonafide doctor! I'm so proud of her I could burst! Go Pam!

I guess that's it for now,

TW

No comments:

Post a Comment