Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sassy Girl portrait

This portrait was so much fun to draw! I call it Sassy Girl, with the blond-headed model looking over the top of her sunglasses with a "you lookin' at me?" quizzical expression! The paper is Canson Mi-Tientes, which is archival (acid-free), and the color is violet. It looks particularly nice with a mat and frame (not included here). A departure from the usual grey or white I've been working on, but I'm having fun experimenting with all sorts of colors and art supplies (graphite, colored pencil, pastel, etc.)

I'm probably going to start a new blog solely for my drawing/painting, highlighting my commissioned portraits. I've had five requests this past week since I posted my availability for 7-8 more before Christmas on Facebook, so I'm very excited! We'll see how many folks actually follow through, but I'm glad there's definitely interest! A client has already sent one photograph for a commission.... hey, it's a start!

All for now,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment